cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A driver supporting solution menu ex is not installed

bobarola
Apprentice

I have a CanoScan LiDE 210 that I've been using for the last two years at least.  I recently used it about a week ago and had no issues with it.  For some reason when I tried using it today through MP Navigator and Solution Menu it doesn't work.  I get an error from Solution Menu where only the help features are available to be clicked and from MP Navigator it tells me that it cannot start.

I have tried reinstallation and even the driver update available from your site.  I'm not sure what the issue coudl be anymore.  I know it can start and the bulb works fine because when I plut the usb in my computer recognizes it and for a short while the scanner will light up, but that is all.  

I'd appreciate any and all help.

30 REPLIES 30

This is likely an OS problem, not a Canon one.

You need to completely remove the old installation before you try to reinstall the software. It is likely the corrupter driver is not being overwritten.

If you are unsure about how to remove the old driver, you may need to get a cleaner software.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I had the same problem after Windows 10 Creators update in May 2017. However I finally managed to solve it as follows:

1. If you still have Canon Solution Menu Ex installed, open it to show its icons on the desktop. If not, download and install the programme first.
  2. If there is only one icon, click it to show the 'Shortcut menu', i.e. the other icons.
  3. Hover the mouse over these shortcut icons to show their function, and click on the one that says 'Show Main Screen'
  4. On the main rectangular screen, in the bottom left-hand corner is a square icon that looks like pliers and a screwdriver. Click on this icon and a screen comes up which allows you to enter the details of your printer, scanner, region etc.
  5. Enter all these details, click OK and BINGO Solution Menu Ex works as before!

I have the same problem , you must do anything about it !!!

Hi - I had the same problem.  Managed to download a cleaner software from the web and it does the trick of clearing the registry of the 'menu ex....'.  What I did was

1)  Removed all the 'canon solution......' program using the removal program from control panel.

2)  activate the cleaner software

3)  re-load the canon software from the original cd.

4)  reconnect the canon hardware.

Hope this helps.  Regards. 

modicrum
Apprentice

I had a problem installing a brand new Lide 110 scanner and got the same error message as you.

First I went to canon.com and downloaded and installed the latest driver software for the Lide 110 from the website.

During installation of the latest software, a message came up telling me the scanner could not be detected, and that I should  reseat the mini-USB plug that goes into the scanner.

Note: the USB cable that came with the scanner has two ends: a USB plug that goes to the computer, and a mini-USB plug that goes to the scanner. In my case, the mini-USB plug was not firmly seated into the scanner.

When I pushed the mini_USB plug in VERY firmly, I heard the Windows sytem dong, and a little window came up telling me the driver software was being downloaded and installed. The scanner made a whirring noise. Problem solved.

RE: A driver supporting solution ex menu ex in not instaled.

I had a problem installing a brand new Lide 110 scanner on windows 7 pro, and got the error message.

First I went to canon.com and downloaded and installed the latest driver software for the Lide 110 from the website.

Today already works propertly.

Thanks modicrum.

DOng
Apprentice

The scanner was working fine until I tried using it yesterday.  My OS is Win 7  Getting the above error..

Has anyone found the solution yet.  Thanks

As previously stated............

"This is likely an OS problem, not a Canon one.

You need to completely remove the old installation before you try to reinstall the software. It is likely the corrupter driver is not being overwritten.

If you are unsure about how to remove the old driver, you may need to get a cleaner software."

EB

Thanks. What 'cleaner software' would you recommend.  Tried uninstalling all the canon applications and reinstalling them still getting same problem.    

You can do a Google search.   Some are free to try.  Just make sure all the old instalation is gone before you try another install.

This is just one guess as to the problem but it really is the first step.  Another thing, did you install any other programs?

They can cause conflicts with the Canon software.

EB
Announcements