cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"An Unexpected Error has Occurred" Message Appears on Main Forum Page

AndyMilnePhotog
Enthusiast
Hi forum members/administrators, Whenever I go into the main Canon Forum page, this message appears: An Unexpected Error has occurred. Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 1CF3ECC0. Click your browser's Back button to continue. This does not occur when I go into sections of the forum from Google (i.e. General Discussion, EOS, EOS Rebel, etc.) I have no idea if it is my internet (Safari ver. 5.0) or if somebody else is also having this issue. Hopefully it can be resolved as soon as possible. Regards, Andrew
Andrew
Nature Photography Hobbyist / Enthusiast
Canon EOS Rebel T6i
5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, Andrew!

If you haven't already done so, try clearing your browser cache or using a different browser. Please let us know if problems persist and we'll take a deeper look.

Hope this helps!

Hi Danny!

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I tried to reset Safari 5.0 including emptying the cache, but it does not work. However, I went to Firefox ver. 3.6 and on the main page and there is no error message there.

I had a few forum members mention this about a week ago.
I have no idea exactly if it is an isolated issue to a few members or is a common issue.

Thank you very much for assisting me.
Andrew
Canon EOS Rebel T6i

Update: I went back to Safari 5.0 and I no longer see the error page anymore. Strange.

Anyway, thanks again Danny. 

Andrew
Canon EOS Rebel T6i

@Danny wrote:

Hi, Andrew!

If you haven't already done so, try clearing your browser cache or using a different browser. Please let us know if problems persist and we'll take a deeper look.

Hope this helps!

The links on the Community home page are compromised.  I have cleared cookies on three different machines, and the problems only return when I use certain links on the home page.

It also makes a difference which display mode you are using, mobile or full, and whether or not you are logged in.  The problem seems to be an attempt to steal usernames and user passwords, for whatever purpose that would achieve.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

The web site is malfunctioning, or under attack again.

1ECBB006-8155-4D55-9AE4-8B862A96D14D.jpeg

That ain’t right.  

[EDIT]. Using the links at the top of the image is begging for trouble.  They can log you out.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements