cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printer hook up

little_sunshine
Apprentice

I bought a cannon MG3620 because it said it would work with OS10.6.8 - now I cant get it hooked up - can anyone help me? thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@little_sunshine wrote:

I bought a cannon MG3620 because it said it would work with OS10.6.8 - now I cant get it hooked up - can anyone help me? thanks in advance

Greetings,

With 3 connectivity options (USB, ethernet or WiFi), "Can't" is not a good problem description.  It doesn't tell us what you did or what happened when you did it. Due to your MACs age, your options are limited.  

10.6.8 Snow Leapord was released in 2009.  10 yrs old.  There is zero development occurring for it.  I suggest you retire this device even if you do not intend to connect it to the internet.

Drivers for this OS are not available or may not be needed for your printer.  We can try to guide or help, but you will need to provide more information.  

ns.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

the printer will not hook up wirelessly. I have ordered a USB cord - hoping that will allow me to use the printer. I am not going to retire this computer - nothing wrong with it - it works efficiently and has no problems - I cant see spending thousands of dollars to replace something that works plus at my age of 66 it doesnt made good financial sense. thanks

Greetings,

OK, you have answered one question.  You are trying to connect wirelessly...  to > what exectly?

Wireless router (assume 2.4Ghz) network as 5G is not supported.  You have entered the SSID name of the wireless broadcast and the password or security passphrase and what (???) happens?  Error message, etc?

10 yr old computer, right.  Nothing wrong with it.  However, you need to place value on your time.  Regardless of your or it's age, the time you are spending (or wasting) needs to be considered.  Your time has value, don't discount it.  Computers don't have to cost thousands of dollars... but I agree, MACs are terribly overpriced for what you get. 

66 is a great age, hopefully you have many more years to come.  My Dad is 82 and has one of everything.  PC, laptop, iPAD, iPhone, xBox and a model X.

Technology is a great thing, you're never too old.  Don't sell yourself short.  A USB cable might help you overcome the challenges of using a (sorry to say) antiquated device.  Maybe nothing is wrong with it, but you're spinning your wheels here and I'm sure you have more impotant stuff to do.  I hope you won't get to the the end of this only to discover a newer machine would have helped in the first place.  Old systems which are end of life are less secure, have compatibility issues and don't receive any development or support.  Trying to use them isn't safe and often leads to frustration in the long run.  I guess thats for you to decide.

Happy to continue trying to assist.      

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements