cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eos utility

marceloepodesta
Apprentice

I own a EOS 5D and cannot find original cd with eso utility to download photos.

I tried to download the soft but cannot find one compatible with mi old model.

Does anybody know how I can download the soft compatible with the eos 5d original.

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Go to the 1D X Mark III support page and download EOSU 3.13. It will install EOSU2 which is compatible with your 5D. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

normadel
Authority
Authority

You don't need ANY software to get photos off the camera. Connecting camera to computer should  mount the camera in Windows File Manager or on the desktop of a Mac. You just open the camera icon and you'll see the photo files.

That is true for image download, but EOSU does a lot more, like remote control and upload of custom picture styles. OP didn’t state his purpose for wanting EOSU.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Sure he did. First sentence says it...."To download photos".

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Agree with Normadel.  Frankly, it is just as easy to remove the card, plug it into a reader and that will recognize the card as a drive, it will be faster to download as well.   Many computers have an SD card reader built-in, but you can get one for minimal investment

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thank you all for the info. 
My Mac signas an error when I connect my D5. 
Will try with the suggested soft and also will download with a card reader. 
Thanks again to all

Announcements