cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious email advisory

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

I got this email, ostensibly from Canon asking me to click on a link for the topic indicated.  The fact that the header is not correctly filled in made me suspicious.  I may be wrong, but I would advice checking carefully any email with a link to the Canon site.

Image of bogus screen.jpg

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
2 REPLIES 2

Crista
Whiz

Hi Tronhard! 

We certainly understand your concerns about the email! We can assure you that is a legitimate email from the Canon Community about a recent post you made. The missing username and date does appear to be a glitch, so we have passed this along to the community hosts. 

If you no longer wish to receive these emails about replies to posts or comments you've made, you can go into "My Settings" under "Preferences" to see if "Automatically subscribe me to topics or reviews I participate in" and uncheck the box.

We hope this helps! 

@Crista wrote:

Hi Tronhard! 

We certainly understand your concerns about the email! We can assure you that is a legitimate email from the Canon Community about a recent post you made. The missing username and date does appear to be a glitch, so we have passed this along to the community hosts. 

If you no longer wish to receive these emails about replies to posts or comments you've made, you can go into "My Settings" under "Preferences" to see if "Automatically subscribe me to topics or reviews I participate in" and uncheck the box.

We hope this helps! 

Hi Crista

Thank you for that fast and informative response.  I worked in IT security and so view any anomaly with suspicion - and with so many phishing attempts around right now I would rather appear a fool than be one.  No problem receiving the advisory emails though, it helps me keep in touch with this excellent forum!

cheers: Trevor

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements