cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending multiple photos

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I will have the opportunity to send a bunch of images to another person. I was thinking of Dropbox, mailing a zip drive or sending as a slide show. TIA.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
16 REPLIES 16

If you lived in the US you would find that MS is not beloved by all.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

If you lived in the US you would find that MS is not beloved by all.

I would certainly not expect ANY brand to be beloved by all - that is the nature of the marke.  Still, I don't think my location is terribly relevent, actually.  Like all other global entities, operating systems are pretty universal, so nationality is less of an influence.

I understand and respect your position, however people do have a choice: Android, MacOS, IOS, Linux, Kubuntu, Ubuntu, Solaris, Chrome, and a bunch more smaller players. To make my point, HERE is a reputable breakdown of market share across ALL devices, and HERE is a breakdown for desktop units. 

The stats are interesting: while MS still dominates the legacy desktop environment, there are a lot more devices out there now being used: phones, tablets and internet-centric computers that use the Android system.  A large part of that computer market is with corporates - certainly all the ones I have dealt with (in several counties) stick with MS because it is designed to be managed on a corporate level. 

If one considers the big picture, Android is closer to the 'big dog' you refer to, but that share is on specific types of devices.  It will be interesting to see how the market changes when Windows 11 is fully released, as that is going to engage with Android's share for the first time in about 8 years.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

"...when Windows 11 is fully released,..."

I know no no computer that runs Android whatever. Go to Microcenter and buy a computer. There is a huge Windows department and a small Apple department. Nothing else! MS and Windows is the BIG DOG and will be for quite some time. MS tries to force its thing in every part of what it offers. Take or leave it is about the only real choice you have. I choose to leave it when possible which I concede is becoming less and less. You are not going to change my mid on this one my friend.

Of course I avoid any part of the so-called "cloud" from any source. So what do i know?

EB

Ernie my friend, you are sounding decidedly grumpy these days! Smiley Surprised

If the vast majority of PC's you see are running Windows, that is because they DO have a major share of the market, but there are alternatives if you choose to look for them - I already posted a list of some of those...

Apple has its pro's and con's - just like Windows, but also recognize that they have their own stores network and that reduces their footprints in other box stores.  Apple want you to do everything with Apple, at least with Windows you can choose your hardware and software components.

As to Android: see THIS 

As to the web.   It has become the standard environmnet for much of our transactions - we are using it right now to engage, after all.   A lot of tablets, light PCs etc. use Android for direct use of web-based applications.  If you are looking for market share, ask yourself if you search with Google, how many people have gmail accounts etc.

Take care and stay safe! Smiley Happy

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

"..you are sounding decidedly grumpy these days!"

Oh, possibly but I don't especially like Apple/Mac either. An equal opportunity complainer! As a matter of fact I would never buy a Mac. They are too screwy and too many problems with their OS. Plus way too expensive. However both are the big dogs and push their weight around to prove it.

You may think of other OS choices but in the real world there are only two. Both of us know that. I have always done my own backups of photos and files, in house.  I will continue to do so. If a client asks specifically for a particular method of delivery I try as much as possible to satisfy them.

I had one just yesterday that sent me his Google Drive shared folder. That is how he wanted the photos so that is how he got them. I will continue to take care of my own files though.

EB

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"... mailing a zip drive or sending as a slide show."

Zip drive?  Smiley Surprised  Ah, in a word no, never, nada, not, nay, nope bad idea. Oh, sorry, that was more than a "word".

Only send a slide show if it is specifically asked for.

EB

EB, thanks. Some would be sent to friends so download time might not be critical. Others would be for photos for the meeting last August.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
Announcements