Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Selling gear...

Wanting to sell some things. EBay...the fees...coupled with the fees from PayPal are a bit overboard. Besides Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist how do you folks go about selling unwanted/unneeded gear? Thanks in advance for any suggestions....

Valued Contributor

Re: Selling gear...

The Photography On The Net website seems to have a pretty active classified ad section, with separate "For Sale" and "Wanted" sections. Items tend to be accurately described, priced within reason and the gear seems to find a new home more often than not.

Reputable Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just sold 3 EF-S lens on LetGo for good $$$

No fees.  Only local sales.  I take extremely good care of my stuff so I always get top dollar and have a excellent seller rating. 

CraigsList still works too. 

Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 (f/w 1.0.4) ~16-35mm f2.8L II, 50 f1.8 STM, 85 prime USM, 70-200 f2.8L IS II ~70-300 USM II ~Sigma 24-70 f2.8 Art (f/w 2.02)
~Sigma 150-600 C + TC1401 1.4x (f/w 2.00) ~Speedlite 430 EX II ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro1903 ~nVidia GPU
Honored Contributor

@inkjunkie wrote:

Wanting to sell some things. EBay...the fees...coupled with the fees from PayPal are a bit overboard. Besides Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist how do you folks go about selling unwanted/unneeded gear? Thanks in advance for any suggestions....

i recommend a dealer that specializes in selling used gear, like KEH.  They may not offer as much as you might get for a selling price on eBay, but it probably balances out not having to pay a fee.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."