cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ScanGear install doesn't install anything

dalepres
Apprentice

Running the full driver for LiDE 300 says it is installing ScanGear but it doesn't actually install it.  It installs the IJ driver but that only allows 600 dpi scan, not the full 2400 dpi.  I also tried going to, on the cd, win/driver/scnutil/twain (the scangear folder) and running setup.exe and setup64.exe and I get the same result.  I get prompted for UAC approval and then nothing happens.  No further screens, no activity, nothing.  The program just stops. 

I downloaded the latest driver online and get the same exact results with the download as I get with the CDRom version.  Right now my LiDE 300 is useless.  I'd hoped to spend the evening scanning photos but, instead, I've spent 4 hours trying to make the scanner work.  

Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

What version OS?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Windows 10.

You have both of these software products installed?

Annotation 2020-06-06 141241.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Yes.  The 57+ MB install goes through a quick motion of appearing to install ScanGear - it says it's isntalling it but the progress bar goes to 100% in about 3 seconds and nothing gets installed.  The larger package also installs the IJ Scan Utility, as does the smaller package.  

The IJ Scan Utility does get installed and works but only scans at max of 600 DPI and the scan quality is absolutely awful.  It leaves a picture with a pattern of circles about 1/8 inch in diameter.  Inside the circles are dots about 1/32 of an inch of mixed colors approximate to the image.  The patterns inside the circles are exactly the same in every circle, regardless of colors, proving it's the scanner or software doing it.

I didn't get these flaws with my Epson V39 but I lost it a couple months ago in a move and bought the Canon as a replacement.

Untitled.jpg

Hi. Give Canon a call at (866) 261-9362. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements