cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP Navigator X and macOS Mojave

tobiaspandey
Apprentice

My father has a canon scanner Lide 110 that uses MP Navigator X.

That software does not longer work with macOS Mojave, it wont even start. That sucks.

Does anyone know of a good scanning software that works with Lide 110?

Preferably software that detects multiple photos and saves them individually as jpegs.

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

robp
Apprentice

Here's something you can try..

Keep your MP Navigator 3.1 installed (for now)

Install the MP Navigator 4 from the link canon asia link above

go to Applications/Canon Utilities

Right click on MP Navigator 4 and select "Show Package Contents"

Navigate to Contents > Plugins > Database

You will see a bunch of .plist files -- these correspond to the scanners that the asia 4.0 version of the app supports

Right click on MP Navigator 3.1 and select "Show Package Contents"

Navigate to Contents > Plugins > Database

You will see a bunch of .plist files -- these correspond to the scanners that the us 3.1 version of the app supports

Copy the files from the 3.1 database folder to the 4.0 database folder

Now when you start MP Naviagor 4 it will launch correctly and find your scanner.

I have not analyzed the contents of these plist files so I'm not 100% sure if this will work, but the contents of the files in the 3.1 version look pretty similar to the ones provided in the 4.0 version.

View solution in original post

69 REPLIES 69

I  downloaded and installed the IJ Scan Utility Lite and the latest Scangear driver for my LIDE 700F flatbed scanner.

I am on MacOs High Sierra.  But sorry the IJ Scan Utility does not find my scanner and link to it.

So  I am holding back upgrading to Mojave fearing that my MP Navigator X will stop working.

i wish i can revert back to my old OS...sigh.....

don't make me go to Amazon and buy another printer...

Just found the latest version MP Navigator EX ver 2.1.6 and drivers in the Canon Australia site -- which are 64 bit versions as reported by High sierra system report. Working fine. So should be okay with Mojave

thank you!!  I literally copy and pasted your recommendation onto google search engine.

showed up HK site, I was thinking.. it is about the same region, gave that link a try.

link:

https://support-hk.canon-asia.com/contents/HK/EN/0200572632.html?

worked fabulously...(BTW, i have Mojave OS)

I had to turn on and off of the printer in order to reset itself, just FYI for an additional process to make a seamless solution.

absolutely resolve this 32~64 bit issue!!

thank you again!!!

This 2.1.6 does not work with Canon MG8220 printer scanner.

Did you use the link from above?

i have the MX 860, which also is a printer/scanner/fax 

I used the link. This driver is only good for 3 printers and one scanner.

Here is the dialog box.Dialog.png

I was enhancing the same, however shut everything off and restarted worked for me

Compared to MP Navigator, IJ Scan Utility Lite is awful. Also it doesn't allow me to use the 'scan to computer' functionality on my print/scanner's screen.

This is a terrible solution for mac users. Canon is pathetically lazy, either update MP Navigator or make a better solution than this lite nonsense.

Announcements