cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it just me?

Ever since Canon introduced its new turgid, clumsy, user-hostile Web site a year or so ago, the Canon Forum has often refused to keep proper track of what messages I've read. The count of messages I haven't read keeps being greater than the reality often enough to be really annoying. I assumed they were using cookies or something similar, but it has become clear that whatever they're doing is not nearly accurate enough. Do others see this, or is it just me? Is there something about my absolutely up-to-date Windows 10 Pro computer that is somehow missing the boat? If not, can we have any hope that this problem, which NEVER occurred with Canon's "old" Web site, will ever be solved?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
4 REPLIES 4

John_B
Rising Star

Hi Robert. Thank you for brining this to our attention and we have escalated this issue for investigation. 

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I have noticed that if a thread is moved from one forum to another, then all of the messages in the thread are reset to "unread".

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

P_Rapley
Contributor

No. I've just posted, tonight, a new thread called U052, which recorded my dissatisfaction with the universal built-in obsolence that has killed, it seems, many many thousands of Canon copiers and scanners - in my case, an MP610.

My post has been deleted during the past hour or so.

I'm presently in the UK.

Let's see how long this reply to you survives.

I just had a U052 error code today on a MP640 for no reason. I have lost another printer to the same cause about 1 year ago. I believe there is a Class Action suit out there somewhere.

Announcements