Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Introduce yourself!

Hi to All!  

I've been using Canon cameras, lenses, printers, scanners, etc. since the days of the original 35mm Rebel. There have been many upgrades since then.  The big push to go digital came about when I opened the back of my EOS Elan 7E as the film was rewinding.  Ended up losing what I believe were some great whale watching photos.  Still have the 7E but not the Digital Rebel that replaced it.

I'm looking forward to learning more from everyone and perhaps sharing when I feel I can help out. 

Bob Fahrenholtz

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Michael and everyone!

I am Rochelle, a proud owner of my very first DSLR EOS Rebel T6! I also have a PowerShot SX530HS.

I'm a bit nervous but VERY excited to get acquainted with it! I am an amateur novice hobbyist photographer.

My favorite shots are landscapes and pets.

Looking forward to learning and participating in this forum. 

Peace,

Rochelle

Highlighted
New Contributor

Guys,

Good day to all! I'm new to this community. I would like to say hello to all. I love to drive and meet with the new people.

Thank you so much!

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Oops, came to this thread a bit late; been here for about a month now.

My name is Ricky and am an avid Canon enthusiast.  While I have been using Canon products since the point-and-shoot film-based Elph, it wasn't until 2013 that I picked up my first DSLR.

I have been working as a full time software engineer and owner of a software side business for over 25 years.  A lot of my work also involves graphics.  But while I've been using Photoshop for over 25 years, I only started to do photo work after I picked up the DSLR.

As such, I have a very strong technical knowlege, but am slowing building up the artistic side of things.

I don't though have any desire to shoot professionally.  I just really enjoy capturing memories of family vacations or working on challenging technical projects just to learn.   While I like the end results, sometimes it's the technical journey that I enjoy the most.

Finally, why Canon?  Like Apple, they have complete integrated solutions which I really enjoy and fits my style of working perfectly.

EOS 5D IV, 50mm f/1.2L, 135mm f/2 L, 600EX-RT (x6), ST-E3-RT, Vixia HF G50
Highlighted
Super Contributor

hi there IS-eos

Boy Id sure love to pick your brain.  Im good at the artistic part but lack the technical skills to be confident.  Good for you expanding your horizons.

what are you shooting with now?

Ive advanced from SL1 to 70D w. some big long lenses, and learning how to shoot better.  Im still not editing, but thats the next hurdle for me.  If we can trade ideas I would love that.

Here is a couple recent shots I like alot, but Im NO expert for sure._MG_5170.JPG_MG_5513.JPG_MG_5431 (2).JPG_MG_5800.JPG

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi, I am a Newbie,

Alway used Canon Cameras, although never anything sophisticated.    Like many people I drifted into the habit of using my iphone.  Now with lockdown thought I would get the Canon cameras out of the cupboard.    

Look forward to being part of the Canon Group..