cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageFORMULA P-215 Scan-tini Software Issues with Windows 8.1 32-Bit Laptop

fhchin
Apprentice

Hi,,

I have a ImageFORMULA P-215 Scan-tini scanner which worked without any problems with my Lenovo X230 laptop running Windows 7 64-bit.  However, I have been unable to get the CaptureOn Touch software to work on my Asus Transformer TA100T notebook running Windows 8.1 32-bit. The software and driver installation completed without any errors (without the scanner connected). But when I connect the scanner into the USB port and run the Capture On Touch software, it always comes up with a Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library error - Program C:\Program Files\Canon Electronics\P215\TouchDR.exe abnormal program termination.

I tried every possible troubleshooting approaches I could Google online including (1) doing running sfc /scannow (which found no integrity or corruption issues with my Win 8.1 system, (2) did a clean reboot disabling everything except the CaptureOn Touch software and it still comes up with the same error, (3) installing Visual C++ runtime library distributables for 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013 but still the error pops up. So basically, now I can't use this great little portable scanner with my great little transformer tablet/notebook. 

I am wondering whether anyone else have come across a similar problem of getting this scanner to work on a 32-bit Win 8.1 system? Would greatly appreciate any advise.

42 REPLIES 42

bennycode
Apprentice

I am also running into this "abnormal program termination" error on Windows 10 Pro 21H1 with my Canon imageFORMULA P-208 scanner. The CaptureOnTouch Lite software, that is integrated on the scanner, shows me just a start screen but nothing else. That's why I installed the additional ISIS- and TWAIN device drivers and switched the "Auto Start" button on my scanner to "OFF". With the devicer drivers comes a Canon imageFORMULA Utility which lists my scanner (CANON P-208 USB) and shows me that I scanned 467 pages. I thought that this is a good sign and installed Capture OnTouch v2.1 for Windows. When my "Auto Start" button is set to "ON" then this program shows me that I need to connect the USB cable. When "Auto Start" button is set to "OFF" then the program crashes with a "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" error stating that TouchDR.exe crashed during runtime. As suggested by @JayC1 I exected the "Registry Repair" tool which showed me that it fixed 6 entries but still my scanner cannot be used. Is there any more help available?

canonuser81
Apprentice

I downloaded the newest driver "ISIS/TWAIN/WIA Driver" 1.3_SP3 released in 13 December 2021. Then I did not faced any issues anymore.

Where can I find the 1.3_SP3 driver for my DR-C125 scanner?  Could not find it on the DR-C125 support page, the latest driver listed is 1.2_SP6 (Released Nov 6, 2015)

Announcements