cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to become an ambassador & part of the team

AustinB98
Apprentice

Iv been shooting for quite a few years now & have always been a canon fan. Always trying to stay creative & find the most eye catching things to try & shoot & show the world. But I want to take my work further, I want to be able to join the canon team as a photographer & go out & shoot whatever y’all want or need but in doing so helping show the world things they may not get to see or experience. I want to learn from the best on your team & do whatever it takes. 

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I believe these programs require an extensive portfolio.  You would then need to submit your work to the Ambassadors, Explorers of Light, and/or Canon Legends programs.  I do not think these programs offer training.  They appear to be comprised of published professional with extensive portfolios showcasing their work.

Explorers of Light | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

I would contact Canon for more information.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I am pretty sure you don't call them, they call you.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Very true kvbarkley,

I was just trying to be gentle about it.  🤣 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

The system works rather like that for elite sports professionals who become brand ambassadors.  They have to have a highly-regarded standing, almost certainly as a professional, and a consistent record of performance at a high level before they are considered.

As my esteemed colleagues have pointed out, such organizations approach the professional and not the other way around.  That said, if you study hard, practise hard and apply yourself to become the successful professional you want to be, then such offers will come your way - but those opportunities are relatively few.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

inkjunkie
Enthusiast

Is there a list of these ambassadors available? Someone I know claims to be one..but this individual has very little social media presence etc.

See the Explorers of Light page.  Click on the View all Explorers of Light dropdown menu.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thank you Sir. Just as I suspected...he is not listed.

Announcements