cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GP-E2 and Big Sur

drbking
Apprentice

I recently purchased the GP-E2. How do I download log files onto my MacBook Pro running Big Sur? I cannot find the appropriate version of the log file utility.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Downloaded Catalina version

Instead of double clicking try right click and select Open

When I double click I get a dialogue stating downloaded from internet do I want to open

Are you in an Administrator profile.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Did you try the one for Catalina?

If you are not going to geocode in camera, I suggest you get a standard logging device which appears to the OS as a disk drive. I have a Garmin Foretrex 601 and it works fine.

I do Geocode with the camera, but the selling point of the GP-E2 is that it can operate as a standalone device.  They advertised it worked with a Mac, but never said it would not work with newer OS versions.

The Catalina version won't install.

I just tried on my MacBook Air with latest Big Sur. Installed with no problem. 

Double check your security settings. 

It shouldn't matter, but I downloaded my installer from the 1D X Mark III support site. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks for the reply.  To clarify, you have been able to download and install the Catalina version on a MacBook that is running Big Sur?  Or you found a Big Sur version?

I can get to the point where I can double-click on GLU103M.app.  I get a message that it is extracting files and then rather than getting onscreen instructions as the download website says, everything just disappears and there are no extracted files.

Thank you.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Downloaded Catalina version

Instead of double clicking try right click and select Open

When I double click I get a dialogue stating downloaded from internet do I want to open

Are you in an Administrator profile.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you! Switching to Admin and right-clicking did the trick. Thanks so much.
Announcements