cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Update - The legacy profile avatars will be retired.

ccanada
Community Manager
Community Manager

In an effort to personalize the experience in the Canon Community we will be retiring the legacy profile avatars on 01/20/2022 and we encourage you to upload your own image if you have not already done so.

Please review the Community Guidelines and the FAQ for additional information.

1date.png

Q: Who will be affected by this update?

A: Anyone who has registered as a member in the community and selected a profile avatar “From The Community” will have the avatar replaced with the generic profile image. We encourage you to personalize your experience and update your own image.

2date.png

Q: If I selected my avatar “From My Computer, From My Albums or From Another Site” will I have to upload that image again?

A: No, your avatar selection will be carried over during this update.

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

It would be great if the personal avatars would show up correctly througout out the site.  In many places, a very fuzzy and pixelated version displays.   The generic avatars though look crisp everywhere.

While I didn't go through all the locations where one's avatar is shown, the following are problematic:

1. upper-right-corner of the site
  2. Likes Given To listing
  3. Popular Authors listing
  4. In the 'Reply to the topic...' box.

It does show up properly though in any discussion thread.

Note that I'm viewing the site on a Mac with a Retina display, these images appear to not even be normal resolution, so probably an issue with non-retina displays too. 

Examples:

avatar_high_res.pngavatar_low_res.png

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Entered one of my favorite landscapes.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG