cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon D420 only prints after print job is sent twice

horn34
Apprentice

My Canon D420 won't print when you send it a print job the first time. It only responds after you send the job a 2nd time. This is really annoying and I can't seem to find a fix or people with similar problems. The D420 is connected to the USB printer port on a wireless router. All the drivers are installed correclty. There is no problem with my network.

2 REPLIES 2

horn34
Apprentice

Someone (their post has disappeared) suggested this was a problem with my PC connecting wirelessly to my router.

I connect directly to my router via network cable, so that isn't the issue. Not a network problem. For whatever reason, the printer is only obeying a print command when it has been sent twice. This is extremely annoying and disruptive.

Hello horn34,

First, we apologize for any recent inconvenience with the website due to technical difficulties experienced.

With regard to your issue, I apologize for any confusion caused; the information previously reference would not apply if you are not attempting to print wirelessly. 

There are a few possible causes of the issue which can be hardware or software-related.  To help narrow the cause, please attempt to print with a direct USB cable connection between your laser product and a USB port on your computer.  This will help to confirm if the hardware and port on your laser product are functioning properly, or if the issue remains.   If successful in printing on the first attempt, the issue would relate to the connection or communication through the router.

If unsuccessful in printing with a direct connection, it is recommended to uninstall the current drivers, then download and install the latest drivers from the Canon website here. Click the "Driver/Software Details" for the selected driver to review the installation instructions.  Note:  Please disconnect the USB cable before reinstalling, then connect it after the installation is complete.  Perform a direct connection test again for a status check.

For instructions on uninstalling the driver for your operating system, click here; then type in "uninstall driver" to retrieve the Article of the same name.

Should the issue remain, please feel free to Contact Us and we'll be glad to help.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements