cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon C100 Mk 1 AF Mode Hack?

hajimasan
Apprentice

I’ve got an old c100, and I’m trying to see if there’s a way to activate the AF mode without sending it into Canon directly, especially since they don’t do upgrades on that camera anymore.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Not sure I understand your question.  There's a small button on the front of the camera that activates AF.  No "hack" is required.  Obviously you need to be using a AF capable lens

If your camera is broken and that button is not activating AF then no, there is no way for you to activate auto focus. The camera will need to be sent in for repair.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

The adding of dual pixel autofocus requires a change of sensor as well as a firmware upgrade. Canon no longer do the paid upgrade which is not surprising given the age of the camera and that it was superceded by the mark 2 which comes with DPAF as standard..

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.6 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - DJI Ronin S
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements