cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade from T4i to 5d mark ii

parmodmehta
Apprentice

Have T4i with 17-55 F2.8. Photos come out good and clear.

Thinking of upgrade to 5d mark ii, don't want to overspend on mark iii and beyond (yet)

Thoughts?

16 REPLIES 16

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
“But the EF-S adapter will automagically give you an APS-C crop frame out of the FF sensor.”

Correct. It is an upgrade path to full frame bodies for people on a tight budget.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Avoid the "R" series bodies at this point.  Going from a T4i to a totally different system is more than just an upgrade. I don't like adapters of any kind, they are always a compromise and a pita.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Hi, Ernie!

While using adapters is usually not the way to go, the mount adapters that we've designed for the EOS R series were made specifically to add functionality, rather than take functionality away. They allow you to use every EF and EF-S lens on the new RF mount bodies. We also have a version that gives you control ring functions - on an EF/EF-S lens! You don't lose any light, electronic functions, or AF abilities. Using EF and EF-S lenses with a Canon mount adapter will work exactly the way they work natively on an EF body! 

The RF lenses are the most advanced lenses we've ever made. Period. 

"The RF lenses are the most advanced lenses we've ever made."

There is no doubt, Canon owns the camera lens market. It is the primary reason I choose to go Canon, way back, while working for a company that didn't.  As for adapters or even tel-cons, I have never liked them.

It will probably take a "cannon" to change my mind.  Smiley Very Happy

EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"The RF lenses are the most advanced lenses we've ever made."

There is no doubt, Canon owns the camera lens market. It is the primary reason I choose to go Canon, way back, while working for a company that didn't.  As for adapters or even tel-cons, I have never liked them.

It will probably take a "cannon" to change my mind.  Smiley Very Happy

I respect your opinion, Ernie; but my 81-year-old eyes can't tell the qualitative difference between pictures taken with my 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II lens with and without the 1.4x III adapter. If yours can, be sure to protect them from that Kansas sun.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I wouldn't want to buy any used camera that Canon will no longer repair."

This is good advice however the 5D2 is still serviceable by other reputable service centers such as Midwest Camera. That said I really don't think it is the one you really want.  If you can't pull the trigger for a 5D3, look at the 80D. It will do anything you want and you will be up and shooting without the lens purchase. This gives you time to get the "right" lens upgrade.

EB

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend
Again Robert it depends on how you intend to use the photo. But number one is the fact it is another piece to keep track of. BTW you picked one of the best examples to make the point.
EB
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements