cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sigma lens help 500mm ex hsm none dg vs dg please help

paulbrogden10
Enthusiast

Hello I placed a bid for a sigma 500mm prime f4.5 ex hsm some guy offered it to me for £850 seems in good nick from photos but cash on collection which does mean I have to drive about 90 miles to get it seen another one in usa sold by adorrama they want about $1000 including shipping does not include import duty of course for a sigma 500mm f4.5 ex hsm dg lens i dont know which to get is the dg one the one you would go for. The one in the uk the none dg comes with a tamaron converter too but i am in too minds which to get. Sigma say the dg says its optimised for digital cameras. Adorrama was selling the dg one for about $2200 for accepted my offer for $1000. 

any suggestions ?

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I am told that lenses that were designed for film cameras did not have the anti-glare coatings that lenses designed for digital cameras require.  Without th coatings, a digital camera will produce images with flare, glare, fog, and ghosting.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

can any one answer another question the company want to charge me $159 to ship the lens to the uk do you think this is too high I ship to america some times and it never costs that.

@paulbrogden10 wrote:

can any one answer another question the company want to charge me $159 to ship the lens to the uk do you think this is too high I ship to america some times and it never costs that.

I recently paid close to half that much to ship a camera body, by ground about 90 miles, with insurance, and the only significant body of water that the package crossed was one major river.  You're talking 3000+ miles, by air.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements