cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shoulder and hand strap? is it possible?

JayJayR
Apprentice

i just bought a new camera recently and i saw that there is a hand strap for cameras. is there a way to have both shoulder and hand strap? or do i have to pick one or the other? because i notice the hand strap also use the silver insert on the top right of the camera where you loop in the strap. i just want double drop protection because i am scared to lose grip of the camera.

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Some Canon hand starps come with a metal link that you can thread a shoulder strap through.

Capture.JPG

You could also just thread the shoulder strap between the two pieces of hand starp up near the camera lug.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

I use a Black Rapid "sling" type strap -- these attach to the tripod bolt socket on the base of the camera.

Often times the hand strap eithe requires (a) a battery grip (which has another strap connection point) or (b) a plate that attaches to the tripod bolt that has an attachment point for the hand-strap.  But you can get accessories that allow both (shoulder or sling-type strap + hand-strap at the same time.)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

It is possible to use the Canon hand strap and the shoulder strap but it is a tight operation to install it.

I used that combo for a year or two and never really like it.  The two do not work well with each other.  I recommend and either/or situation.

The Black Rapid strap is a great choice and they have several designs.  Plus there are some other companies that offer more selections.  All better than the hand/shoulder strap combo.

What camera?  Some cameras can't use a hand strap unless a battery grip is added.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements