cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help..

dal33a
Apprentice

i have recorded for about 29.38 min and just read up on it that u cant record for longer than 30min..my sd card is 128gb...and i have taken off all the photos and videos from it and tried recording again and it still wont work..is my sd card damaged or what? pleaseeeee answer...thanks so much...:)

6 REPLIES 6

The 30-minute limit is not a technical glitch or a failure of your SD card to perform correctly. Rather it's an intentinal limit that the manufacturer has incorporated in order to keep the camera from being taxed as a video camera under one or more international trade agreements. If the time limit is a show-stopper, you'll have to buy a camcorder instead.

If the camera won't record at all, try reformatting the card, and make sure the write protection switch that most SD cards have isn't turned on.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

how do you reformat the card and all? and yeh it won't record at all using that sd card and so i had to switch to another sd card.. but how do i reformat it and all?

@dal33a wrote:
how do you reformat the card and all? and yeh it won't record at all using that sd card and so i had to switch to another sd card.. but how do i reformat it and all?

Reformatting is a menu item. I believe that on most Canon cameras it's in the menu headed by a small icon of a wrench.

The write protection switch is a tiny slide switch on the edge of the SD card itself.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

but..its saying that it will erase all my data..

@dal33a wrote:
but..its saying that it will erase all my data..

Didn't you say in your initial post that you have already removed all photos and videos from the card?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

That's a standard warning that pops up.

If you press the blue playback arrow does anything show on the camera LCD?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements