cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help picking a drsl camara

patricia2626
Contributor

i want to buy drsl camara for school and for me as hobbie i am not sure of a budget?

i am from midwest city where moslty budiling and people i want it something dust water proof as midwest weahter is so random.  

i may be going to anime furry mlp cons not sure good lenses for human texture and colorfur customes furs as i may do later some cosplayer models shoots and will micro lense good close picture with high for animals birds bugs? 

28 REPLIES 28

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You made no mention of budget.

While not the most weather proof, the T7i would be a good starter camera.

The EF-S 18-135 would be a good starter lens.

i dont have the camara body and none lense as not sre bugjet as i do have limit 500 or 600 depening why and will it any beinifts more if i pick that one

Your budget is a little low for a new DSLR kit. 

I would instead look at buying a used T5i or T6i with an 18-55mm STM lens.  You might have some money left over to buy a telephoto zoom lens like a 55-250mm STM.

But it never ends because you'll want a flash and maybe a Ultra-Wide angle lens like the 10-18mm STM.  Or maybe a nice "fast" (large aperture) lens like the 50mm f/1.8 STM.  

What ever you do, make sure you but the "STM" version of which ever lens you buy.  Canon STM lenses are known for their excellent image quality, excellent Auto Focus, low price, and good value. 

Mike Sowsun

what  is a  good budget  to have?

is this dust water proof

To buy a new DSLR a budget of about $1,000 is more realistic for an entry level camera and lens kit.  If you make photography your hobby, you will want to add more items  which can easily double that. 

No camera is truly dust proof or weather proof. Higher end cameras models are dust and weather "resistant', but you also need dust and weather "resistant' lenses and that really drives up the price. I wouldn't bother worrying about it for a first camera. 

Mike Sowsun

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Why not look at a PowerShot bridge camera?

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/powershot-sx540-hs

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Yes. Even so-called weather resistant cameras should have a storm sleeve if you know you will be in bad weather. At least that is what I do.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements