cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad entries look like I am stuttering

ScottyP
Authority

Probably the wrong place for this, but I thumb out most of my posts on an I-pad. For some reason the last 2 or 3 letters of the 1st word in a sentence sometimes repeat and become a word in the sentence. 

This his problem looks like this. 

Any clue?  I fix it half the time but I don't bother sometimes. 

Grrr.

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I haven't really noticed anything with your posts.  Probably because I recognize that we all make typos, and as long as the meaning is conveyed, who cares.  I don't bother to clean mine up, either, not unless the meaning is distorted.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Go into your "Settings" -> "General" -> Keyboards 

You can find options to enabled/disable auto-capitalization, auto-correct (I prefer to say "auto-miscorrect" which I believe is a more accurate name), shortcuts, predictive text, and you can even define text-replacement shortcuts.

I'm wondering if it isn't using a predictive text, shortcut, or text-replacment to complete you word for you... but if you keep typing it would start to form a new word.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements