cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

camera harness

paulbrogden10
Enthusiast

Cotton Carrier Vest vs Micnova DSLR Camera Carrying Bag Vest ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, The micnova vest looks the same as the cotten one at a fraction of the price any thoughts?  It seemed a patten was pending for cotton but it looks like others may be copying them.   Any advise whats the best way to carry lots of lenses.? I went to a localprotected  park carrying a large bag for my lenses which included a f8 800mm tokina (weighs about 2.5kg)lens a 70-200 2.8 300mm f4 17-50mm 2x 1.4x entenders and tripod and by the end of the day my sholders were in pain . any advise? Guys I am on selling this beast of a lens as i dont think it would compare to a 100-400 with a 1.4x. if  any ones interested let me know.

5 REPLIES 5

ScottyP
Authority

What the heck was in that park that required an 800mm, a 100-400mm, a 70-200mm, a 17-50mm, a tripod plus TWO 1.4x teleconverters?  😉

i have have one giant pack that carries all that but I leave it at home except when traveling.

I bought a sling pack for walking around shooting that carries the 6d with the 70-200 mounted, plus one prime, plus one Speedlite, and misc cloths and a rocket blower.  The only small-ish sling that can accomplish that feat with the 70-200 mounted was the Think Tank sling. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

800mm.jpgi was in a hide just trying out this beast lens it is huge imagine a canon 800mm its that big.

with the crop factor it is  1280mm

Lenses like the Tokina 800mm f/8 are not intended to be a walk around lens!  It is designed to be used on a tripod and set somewhere.  Perhaps a blind, for instance.  They is no easy way to carry all your stuff at one time.  You need to decide on what you are shooting or what the job is at hand and prepare for that.

For example I am going on a big shoot this weekend.  I need my ef 8-15mm f4L, 24-70mm f2.8L II and 70-200mm f2.8L II.  It all fits nicely in a backpack bag.  The rest of the gear stays at home.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I would almost be willing to bet you the ef 300mm f4L with the 2x on it would do everything that big Tokina can.  And at a fraction of the size and weight!  Way more friendly, too.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Traveling light is good advice. 

I carry  a Lowepro "Top Loader" 75 AW II camera holster.  It's designed to hold full-size body DSLRs, like the 1D series, or DSLRs with a battery grip.  It holds my 6D w/grip with a 70-200 f/2.8 mounted with it's hood reversed with room to spare.  I like it because it includes a rain cover.  I highly recommend this bag because it is very well padded.  It is not suitable for DSLRs without a grip, though, because your gear will bounce around inside..  It weighs 1.75 lbs.

I also carry a smaller backpack by Case Logic, which also has a rain cover, to carry two spare lenses, sunglasses, tablet, cell phone, lens cleaning gear, etc.  I can clip a travel size tripod case to the outside.  It, too, has a rain cover.  Most of the time, I make short stops, leaving the backpack in the car, carrying just the holster and tripod because I iknow what shots I want.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements