Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Windows XP Laptop not sending correct resolution signal to Canon WX450ST projector?

I am running a theatrical project with 6 Windows XP laptops, all 1440 x 900 resolution, connected to 6 Canon WX450ST projectors (also 1440 x 900).  Four of these projectors are working great, but the other two are not reporting a 1440x900 signal, but instead are reporting an input signal of 960x1028 (shown in the projector's settings menu).  I have checked the resolution settings on the two corresponding laptops, and they are correct.  When I go to the NVidia control panel on the laptops, these two laptops are not recognizing the Canon projectors, but instead just a generic analog display of 1028x768.  (The other four projectors actually report the Canon projectors, along with the correct model number, in the NVidia control panel.)  I've tried everything I can think of - how do I get Windows XP (or the NVidia graphics card) to properly recognize the 1440x900 resolution of the Canon projectors?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Windows XP Laptop not sending correct resolution signal to Canon WX450ST projector?

Hi, RFrendt!

Thanks for posting! Canon does not provide Forum support for Visual Communications products, but our award-winning US-based technical support team will be happy to help you! They can be reached online or by phone by clicking here: http://bit.ly/ContactCanon

We hope this helps!