cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which low end camera can take a picture while recording a video

ghsu
Apprentice

Does Canon have any low end point and shoot cameras that can take a picture while recording video without stopping or interrupting the video?

Are there video cameras that also take pictures while recording a video and without stopping the video?

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

None that I am aware of.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@ghsu wrote:

Does Canon have any low end point and shoot cameras that can take a picture while recording video without stopping or interrupting the video?

Are there video cameras that also take pictures while recording a video and without stopping the video?

Thanks in advance.

Not in the low end, low budget market.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hi,

I'm not a camera or Canon person but presume that the Powershot SX720 is considered low-end? If not then are any camera at this level that can shot and video at this level?

I had a Canon before at this level that did both but can't find one now.

Thanks in advance.

I use VLC Media Player to grab video frames and save as individual JPEG files.

Yes, but the resolution is much lower for a video capture.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

There is software that can extract a single image.  Windows comes with the 'Snipping Tool'.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

There is software that can extract a single image.  Windows comes with the 'Snipping Tool'.

Snipping Tool grams a screen shot, which on most computers will be significantly less than 1920 x 1280.  Windows Media Player, and a number of other video players, also grabs a screen shot.

VLC Media Player actually grabs a full video frame out of the stream, not a mere screen shot.

Announcements