cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPGRADE FROM EOS REBEL T6

Lsm97m
Contributor
I’ve have my T6 for over 2 years now and I’ve pretty much Ed maxed out what I can do with it! I’m looking to upgrade (up to $1300)
Any suggestions of where I should go from there? I take quite a few stills but I also enjoy developing my video skill and work with tons of athletes so I def need better shutter speed.
Thank you in advance!
8 REPLIES 8

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

The 6D Mark II body can be purchased from B&H currently for 1,299 and it is a very nice full frame body with good high ISO sensor which is always useful when shooting sports and it has digitial IS built in for its HD video mode. That price includes the battery grip and a spare battery along with a card. BUT if your existing lens choices are for APS-C then they won't work because it is a full frame camera.

If you have existing APS-C oriented glass you want to use then I would look at the 80D and T7 models.

Happy shopping!

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Lsm97m
Contributor
Thank you so much .. I really appreciate it

You are welcome and an even better choice if you currently have APS-C type glass is the 7D Mark II which appears to be within $100 of your desired price point right now and would be a very good choice.

There is a lot of debate over APS-C versus full frame sensors and each have their advantages and disadvantages so depending upon what glass you currently own and where you want to go in the future you should spend some time deciding which is the best for you going forward.

The 7D Mark II has a faster sustained frame rate versus the 6D Mark 2 of 10 vs 6.5 FPS and I believe it has a little better weather sealing so if I were you that would be at the top of my list.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

I have 2 7DMarkII cameras.  Very, highly disappointed in their ability to track moving subjects (as are a lot of other people). Run away from this body as fast as you can if you are thinking about action subjects.  OK for landscapes.  I use only L glass.  Shooting Canon for 50 years. Suggest more research.

Best

DQ

Lsm97m
Contributor
I was looking at the 7d ... thank you

You are welcome and a 7D2 is a natural progression forward from what you have and will provide a significant improvement in lower light/fast action conditions and excellent AF performance.

Canon has a refurb 7DII listed on their online site now and they are a very safe purchase point; if going new I prefer B&H but I have also used Adaroma for several purchases recently because I use Hensel lighting products and they have a better in stock selection of these German sourced products and based upon several purchases I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them in the future either.  But when Canon has a refurb model that you are looking at then seriously consider using their online shop to get an excellent price on guaranteed good quality merchandise.

Be extremely careful if you start internet shopping for the lowest price because a lot of places with sell you grey market goods with dubious/no warranty and often they try to make the deal look better by including a lot of added items whose only proper place is the garbage can.

Rodger

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
“I have 2 7DMarkII cameras. Very, highly disappointed in their ability to track moving subjects (as are a lot of other people).”

You might have a settings problem.

I have found that the 7D2 tracks very well.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"I have found that the 7D2 tracks very well."

I have to totally agree.  The OP has a user issue not a gear problem.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements