Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Tripod recommendations?? GorillaPod??

Hello everyone, im looking for something like those Gorillapods?? does anyone have any recommendations? I tried one from amazon and the screw mount was to big for my camera.

Valued Contributor

Re: Tripod recommendations?? GorillaPod??

[ Edited ]

I personnaly have had good luck with the few joby products I have used.  Tripod mounts are standard, so tell us what model camera you have if you'd like a recomendation.  I have a Zomei tripod with a ball head...  B&H and Amazon have a multitude of tripods to select from in every size, weight and pricepoint.

Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 (f/w 1.0.4) ~16-35mm f2.8L II, 50 f1.8 STM, 85 prime USM, 70-200 f2.8L IS II ~70-300 USM II ~Sigma 24-70 f2.8 Art (f/w 2.01)
~Sigma 150-600 C + TC1401 1.4x (f/w 1.03) ~Speedlite 430 EX II ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro nVidia GPU 1803
Esteemed Contributor

ambermic00 wrote:

Hello everyone, im looking for something like those Gorillapods?? does anyone have any recommendations? I tried one from amazon and the screw mount was to big for my camera.

There are two common sizes for mounting screws, and many tripods come with both. Sometimes the smaller one screws into the larger one. If you still have the tripod from Amazon, make sure that isn't the case before you give up on it.

Bob
Boston, Massachusetts USA
New Contributor

I have a Canon Rebel xs

Respected Contributor

I don't have the gorilla type tripod so I can't comment. They tend to look too flimsy for my taste.

I have tried the Manfrotto MTPIXI-B mini-tripod and a Pedco Ultrapod II and they are small but very strong.  I like the Pedco Ultrapod II best - you can also  wrap it around tree branches and column with the built-in velcro strap.  It can adequately hold the weight of a Canon 7DII with a 100-400mm f/4.5-6.3 IS II USM lens which really pleasantly surprised me.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr