cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tripod for people who hate tripods.

Cindy-Clicks
Enthusiast

What is a good tripod that is extremely flexible so it will shoot in any position I put it?  I would like it to seem like I am not even using a tripod at all.  Do they even make such a thing?  I am used to crawling around on the ground if I have to, to get a good shot.  I need something that will move with me.  Any suggestions would be appreciated?  

2 REPLIES 2

xopinki
Apprentice

One tip I received is to make a little bean bag with rice.  You can set your camera on that and it will move into practically any position you want. I am not up on the different types of tripods though, so unfortunately I can't advise on those.  

The closest thing is the Joby GorillaPod.  They make a big one for SLR, but it won't hold those long lenses that you like to use.

Flexible and easy to move go completely against what a tripod is trying to do: hold the camera steady.  It's not a surprise that nobody makes what you're looking for.  A good tripod with a good head can do exactly what you want, and it can get right down next to you on the ground.  But it takes setting up, you will definitely know that it's there.  But I'm glad you at least came around to considering a tripod.  I think once you see the results you'll see why people use them.  Nobody likes lugging them around or setting them up, but they produce results, so people use them.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements