cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The transition from mirror to mirrorless should be less painful than from film to digital ?

SBK
Enthusiast

I am far from making the move, but I am wondering what your thoughts are on this transition.

On my side, moving from the Nikon film-camera world to the Canon digital-camera world was painful as I had to let go a lot of cameras (1x F90X and 3x FM2n), prime lenses from 24 to 300mm and a PC lens.

One of the big advantages of mirrorless is when you shoot in places like churches where you don't want to be loud.

Canon EF lenses can be used on R cameras so it's not like those lenses are totally wasted. So, I think the transition should be smoother ?

What do you think ?

12 REPLIES 12

SBK
Enthusiast

Sorry, I've just realized that my above question does not make sense as the RF lenses do feature IS such as in the RF 35mm F1.8 Macro IS STM, and RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM, mentioned above.

You know RF will has its time, too.  In the future there will come down the pike another newer better system. No, I don't know or have a clue to what it might be but you can rest assured it will come. Change is inevitable.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

"RF 35mm F1.8 Macro IS STM, RF 85mm F1.2 L USM and RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM  =  $6,427.73

35mm f/2 IS USM, 85mm f/1.8, 135mm f/2 L, and 200mm f/2.8 L =  $3,014.94

... But for ... me, $3000  vs  $6400  is a big deal."

It is a big deal for any of us.  However, sometimes spending more at the begining turns out to be the cheapest route.  And, you don't have to buy everything all at once.  Spread it out, as a matter of fact that is what I advise everybody to do.  Reason?  Do you really klnow what you want or need today?  I guess you are like most of us and don't but you guess what tomorrow's needs might be.

Still your cheapest course is the RF 24-105mm f4 today. Perhaps the RF 70-200mm f2.8 together or even later on.  I sugest if you have the 70-200mm you may never need any thing else for portrait work. I don't!  And, I have both an 85mm f1.2L and 135mm f2L.

Keep in mind EF is dying, no not today, not tomorow, not even next year, but it is.  RF is the future.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements