Canon Community Canon Community

Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions required for Canon DSLR Camera

@Umar19 wrote:

What about Canon EOS 77D. Which one is better 77D or 800D. And which lens is suitable for 77D. I am palnning to buy one of those. 

Also suggest if there is a same quality camera released in 2018. Because these both are released in 2017. Thanks & regards

In this case, the list prices of the cameras are a good measure of which camera body is better.  The T7i is good.  The 77D is better.  The 80d is far and away the best of the trio.  

I recommend looking for a sale on the 80D with the EF-S 18-55mm kit lens.  When that lens kit is on sale, the lens is almost a free giveaway.  And, it is a pretty good to lens at that.  You can be up and “running and gunning” for a small investment.  While the EF-S 18-135mm kit lens is a very good lens, I think the cost difference makes the smaller lens kit the better buy.  

The best approach is to purchase the body of your choice, and the lens of your choice.  There are better lens options out there than the camera kit lenses.  But, the 80D kits with the 18-55mm lens can go on sale at the nearly the same price as body only kits.  IMHO, this is the more frugal path.  Not everyone needs an expensive lens.

There is a wide variety of lenses out there.  Until you know more about using a DSLR and lenses, my advice is to shy away from making a big investment in a lens until you know why you might want a better lens.  

My advice to anyone looking to purchase their first lens would be to purchase one of Canon’s budget prime lenses.  Either the EF 50mm f/1.8 STM.  Or, buy one of the two “pancake” lenses: the EF-S 40mm f/2.8 STM or the EF-S 24mm f.2.8 STM.  I think the frugal path would be the Canon 2 Lens Portrait Kit, which includes the aforementioned 50mm lens, and an ultra wide angle EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM lens.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."