Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions required for Canon DSLR Camera

Umar19
Apprentice

Hi,

Respected Members,

Hope you are fine. I need your suggestions regarding camera. I have a 650 Euro budget. In this range suggest me some models. Also I am beginner to this thing. Thanks

Waiting for your kind suggestions.

Best regards,

Umar

27 REPLIES 27

@Umar19 wrote:

What about Canon EOS 77D. Which one is better 77D or 800D. And which lens is suitable for 77D. I am palnning to buy one of those. 

Also suggest if there is a same quality camera released in 2018. Because these both are released in 2017. Thanks & regards

In this case, the list prices of the cameras are a good measure of which camera body is better.  The T7i is good.  The 77D is better.  The 80d is far and away the best of the trio.  

I recommend looking for a sale on the 80D with the EF-S 18-55mm kit lens.  When that lens kit is on sale, the lens is almost a free giveaway.  And, it is a pretty good to lens at that.  You can be up and “running and gunning” for a small investment.  While the EF-S 18-135mm kit lens is a very good lens, I think the cost difference makes the smaller lens kit the better buy.  

The best approach is to purchase the body of your choice, and the lens of your choice.  There are better lens options out there than the camera kit lenses.  But, the 80D kits with the 18-55mm lens can go on sale at the nearly the same price as body only kits.  IMHO, this is the more frugal path.  Not everyone needs an expensive lens.

There is a wide variety of lenses out there.  Until you know more about using a DSLR and lenses, my advice is to shy away from making a big investment in a lens until you know why you might want a better lens.  

My advice to anyone looking to purchase their first lens would be to purchase one of Canon’s budget prime lenses.  Either the EF 50mm f/1.8 STM.  Or, buy one of the two “pancake” lenses: the EF-S 40mm f/2.8 STM or the EF-S 24mm f.2.8 STM.  I think the frugal path would be the Canon 2 Lens Portrait Kit, which includes the aforementioned 50mm lens, and an ultra wide angle EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM lens.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Gaelbhoir
Apprentice

Hi

Hope you are fine. I need your suggestions regarding camera. I have a 650 Euro budget. In this range suggest me some models. Also I am beginner to this thing. Thanks

Waiting for your kind suggestions.

Best regards,

What do you want to shoot?

What lenses do you think you need?

$750 US dollars? That leaves out any mirrorless model that I would recommend but mirrorless is probably the way to go.

For less than $750, you want the Canon EOS Rebel T7i DSLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens. 

"Also I am beginner to this thing."

All of us was at one time.  That isn't really important. What is important is what are you going to use it for and how interested in photography you are. Can you supply answers to those two questions?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

amatula15
Enthusiast

Welcome!

As Ebiggs and some others have asked, but I will expand upon a bit:

What are your goals and interests in photography?

Examples:

1. Portrait
  2. Landscape
  3. Travel
  4. People/street photography
  5. Wildlife
  6. Sports/action
  7. Video
  8. A little of everything

Annie

Hi Annie:

Thanks for this information.  The BIG question for me is what do you intend to produce?  I mean large, detailed prints, small prints, material for digital screens or to publish on web pages.  Each of these puts different demands on the equipment, but if you don't need to take, for example larege detailed prints, you can save a lot of money and bulk by avoiding large, expensive gear.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Hi Trevor,

Good points!
I publish now on social media but am hoping to expand on that (photo contests, web site perhaps, and the like) so I don't pick a camera based on where I am publishing (since I am constantly thinking improvement and expansion).

However, now I am thinking ahead actually in my own selection, EOS RP vs EOS R (lighrweight). I am a landscape photographer and the dynamic range difference seems to be significant (can get 14 on the R at ISO 800) but not sure if that is important (images I have seen do not seem to indicate that). I know if I am exposing correctly and/or am patient in post-editing (do not like to be there)  then whatever camera I can work through dynamic range issues.

So I can see how a newbie (or anyone!) might have some difficulties selecting! It seems to always be compromise.

My first digital was a Canon SL1 because it was small, lighrweight, and had enough features for me at the time. I was happy and am still happy with it. I gave it tons of abuse shooting in all weather and it has held up well and I have produced really good images with it and have really grown as a digital photographer.  

To any newbie I woudl say go to a store, handlle cameras, see how they feel and talk to a store clerk on their needs and goals and budgets.

Cheers, Annie

" I woudl say go to a store, handlle cameras, see how they feel ..."

I like that. Smiley Happy  However the store clerk may be as uninformed as you. They may only know the "talking" points but hand s om is always the best go.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I got lucky, Ebiggs!

I was considering high end point and shots when I went for my first digital camera. 

I purchased one but didn't like the lack of stabilization.
The store clerk suggested the Canon SL1 and here I am 6 (?) years later still with it and I will keep it.

Enjoy! Annie

Hi Annie:

Sorry for the confusion - I lost the plot of the thread there!  Glad we are having this conversation though!!! Smiley Very Happy

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements