cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site still down?? (iMage Gateway)

Rondodog
Apprentice

I'm trying to figure out why the iMage gateway site is still down.

I understand the need for periodic maintenance down-time, but it's been a couple day now. 

Suggestion: one the "site down due to maintenance" page, put a countdown timer or even a time/day when it will be up again. 

We use this to exchange references and images for design projects and this really has us looking for other services. Sending out a warning with times for these scheduled downtimes would also be a big help.

6 REPLIES 6

Crista
Whiz

Hi Rondodog! 

iMAGE Gateway should be back up soon! We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. 

We hope this helps! 

@Rondodog wrote:

I'm trying to figure out why the iMage gateway site is still down.

I understand the need for periodic maintenance down-time, but it's been a couple day now. 

Suggestion: one the "site down due to maintenance" page, put a countdown timer or even a time/day when it will be up again. 

We use this to exchange references and images for design projects and this really has us looking for other services. Sending out a warning with times for these scheduled downtimes would also be a big help.

NEVER rely on the "cloud" for the preservation or availability of mission-critical data. Use it ONLY for casual sharing or offsite backup. ALWAYS have at least the original and one backup copy onsite of anything that matters. And DON't imagine that Canon's service is uniquely unreliable in this regard. Those as old as I am should recall the time when a rather prominent cloud service suddenly went bankrupt, and users had only two days to download their files, a task that was physically impossible to execute.

Check the B&H Web site. You may be surprised at how inexpensive an 8TB USB 3 hard drive is these days.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Hi, Bob-- good advice (re: depending on cloud services).

Fortunately, we always have backup options for criticial stuff.  We just got spoiled by Canon's iMageGatewy's convenience and user-friendly interface (a lot of our artists are surprisingly non-tech). 

I was just concerned/curious as to why this maintenance downtime seemed to last longer than usual. 

Ana-s-Homestead
Apprentice

I have tried several times in the last day to access EOS Software Download described in My New Camera's Instruction Booklet.  I spent $1,200. but cannot access the site www.canon.com/icpd or Support once on the www.canon.com

Both options claim to be down for Maintenance.  Yet the Store & Forums are not down for Maintenance. 

I admit I am getting very frustrated out here with an expensive camera & no way to upload videos I shoot with it to my computer.  I find this to be very bad support. 

I am here in the hope of finding a solution to what is happening with Site Maintenance, & EOS Software Download, & Support.

For some answers as to why I am having so much difficulty getting started using my new camera.

What kind of computer do you have? If you have a Mac, just plug the USB cord into the computer and Photos should automagically open and let you download your images.

PS, Canon USA seems to be up now.

Bonbon1961
Apprentice
I can't log into your site anymore, have followed all reset instructions. And stopped working on Windows laptop for importing photos. Help!
Announcements