cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I return my camera?

Karr
Apprentice
So I made the jump to upgrade my Rebel T6 to a 90D, but I'm realizing I should have focused on my lenses instead, as I'm seeing my lenses are bad on the 90D, which are the ones that came with the Rebel T6 and a 50mm f1.4I scooped off an Amazon Black Friday sale.

What are your opinions? Should I return the 90D or should I keep it and buy new lenses down the line? Left it in its box thinking I done goofed for some reason.

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Karr wrote:
So I made the jump to upgrade my Rebel T6 to a 90D, but I'm realizing I should have focused on my lenses instead, as I'm seeing my lenses are bad on the 90D, which are the ones that came with the Rebel T6 and a 50mm f1.4I scooped off an Amazon Black Friday sale.

What are your opinions? Should I return the 90D or should I keep it and buy new lenses down the line? Left it in its box thinking I done goofed for some reason.

Keep the camera body.  There is little question about that.  The kit lenses that come with a T6 will not do the MUCH higher resolution 90D justice.  In fact, you may get better looking photos with the T6 given the same shooting conditions and lens.

There is a guy on YouTube named "Mott the Maven", or something like that, who has been testing the older Canon lenses with the newer camera bodies, like the 90D.  He has been compiling a list of lenses that do not work well with the 90D, most of which are lenses released prior to 2015.

BTW, I do not recommend ever buying big ticket items from Amazon.  I have friends and relatives who swear by Amazon Prime, but they are buying small items: i.e.; aprons, and other stuff that sells for under $50.  The only online sources I use for Canon gear are CanonUSA and B&H Photo Video in NYC.  There are other reputable vendors out there, but I have found no reason to go elsewhere.  Post sale support is world class!

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Should I return the 90D or should I keep it and buy new lenses down the line?"

Of course you should keep the 90D.  And, you need to check out these two lenses. One is the Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens and my current favorite lens for the 90D, the Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens for Canon EF.  Good news both are on sale right now.

Sell your current gear to help fund this upgrade.  However, you may want to keep the 50mm f1.4, pretty good lens especially if you need very low light work.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements