cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shooting video: Replacing my Canon Rebel T5i

weaverbl
Apprentice

I use my Canon Rebel T5i to shoot video for news stories, etc.  I have used it for nearly seven years, and I'm looking for something new.  It's a great work camera, but I'm ready to move on and skip versions like the T6i which was just a hassle to change batteries with minimal upgrades or new features.

Who's got a suggestion?  What's the next level I should consider for shooting video?  1080p is fine for what I do.  I do use an external mic.

Hope to hear from you all soon!

THANKS!

BW

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Since you change the batteries pretty much the same way on all Canon cameras, I am not sure what your complaint is about that.

But really look into the T7i since it has the dual pixel autofocus which really improves focus during video.

@kvbarkley wrote:

Since you change the batteries pretty much the same way on all Canon cameras, I am not sure what your complaint is about that.

But really look into the T7i since it has the dual pixel autofocus which really improves focus during video.

The T7i and 77D seem nearly identical to the 80D, bu there are some pretty significant differences in their AF systems.  Only the 80D has focusing at f/8.  The T7i loses the ability to do AF tracking in video mode.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"What's the next level I should consider for shooting video?"

How about a real video camera. A DSLR is not a video camera.  It is a stills that can shoot video. If video is your main most important thing a real video camera will do it best.  Just a thought.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Lumigraphics
Contributor

It depends on your budget. You can get a used C100 or Blackmagic Cinema camera, and a lot of people swear by Panasonic for still cameras with a lot of video features. Anyone serious about video will want an actual video camera.

Announcements