Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAD NEWS

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Team,

I received a very sad PM today from "Robert the Fat".

"Hello, Waddizzle --

This is Bob's daughter, Betsy. I'm sorry to be messaging to tell you that my dad died suddenly in his sleep last weekend. I'm aware that he spent a lot of time on this forum, so I was going to post to let people know, but I can't figure out how to start a new thread. I'm hoping you wouldn't mind doing it for me.

Dad loved photography, and he loved offering his opinion, and so it's no surprise that he loved this site. His cameras and lenses will be going to my son, but it breaks my heart that my father won't be around to teach and kibbitz.

Just wanted to let people know, so that anyone who notices his abrupt and permanent absence isn't left wondering.

Thanks so much."

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I gave Bob's last post a LIKE.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Lenses/My-next-lens-portraiture-help/m-p/320369#M18455 

I assume this is Robert the Fat.

Very sad indeed.

@kvbarkley wrote:

I assume this is Robert the Fat.

Very sad indeed.

Yes, Let me edit the initial post.

This is very sad news.  My condolences to Bob's family.  Such a nice man.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Having recently lost my wife very suddenly, I can completely empathize with Robert's family.  They have my sincerest and deepest condolences.

These events reiterate the fact that we are all here for a limited time, and that time is not guaranteed.   It behoves us to make the most of every day, because we will never have that again, nor will we be this young.

As a fellow member of the Canon forum I respected Bob's experience and enjoyed his contribution.  I also recognized his passion for the activity that brings us here together.

R.I.P.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

John_SD
Whiz

Thank you for posting, Waddizzle. I just came across this post a few minutes ago. I am deeply saddened at Bob's passing. He was one of my "must read" posters on this forum and I looked forward to reading his commentary. He was a source of wit, truthful and biting sarcasm on occasion, and a fountain of knowledge of photography, which he loved. I will miss him. 

Wandalynn
Enthusiast

I am so sorry to hear this. My condolences to his family.

Announcements