cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Padded Dividers

comic
Apprentice

I am in a situation where I need to purchase more padded dividers. I don't need the replacement sets, just a select size and amount. It doesn't need to be a certain brand. Amazon & B&H have been of no help. Where do you guys purchase your replacement padded dividers? Would my best option be buying an entire replacement set? I'd rather avoid the 50-70 dollar prices for the sets and spend a 20 or 30 on the exact dividers I need - and spares.

I'm asking because I am padding a "custom" storage & carry case. Nothing fancy or professional but suitable for home storage and transportation with a remarkable cool factor. I'll be sure to post pictures once I complete it. The padded divider sets I've found don't match the dimensions I need, and if they do it's only one of two dimensions (Length and Width, height has been realitivly easy to meet or stay under) and I'd need to pay about 110 dollars for both sets together.

Any websites with individual dividers would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

David
Enthusiast

What sizes do you need?

Do you know someone with a sewing machine? Dividers can be made cheaply, to the exact size and color you need.

The longest I can fit is 17". I like your idea of making my own, as I do know someone who sews. Maybe some cardboard or a wire for stiffness or bend-ability. I'll look into those options. I'll be going to a foam store soon to pick up the top and bottom pads, perhaps I can find thin strips for the dividers or cut my own from the foam I buy.

Thanks!

bobthetog
Apprentice

Maybe scout around the local thrift stores and buy a camera bag with the size you need?

Announcements