cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rain, different lights at the track, One can learn a lot pretty quick

ilzho
Rising Star

Well, I took my equipment out to the race track and what a learning experiment. Now I know why I drink, haha, just kidding.

Being early evening (some natural light) in to late evening (stadium lights), cloudy, raining, bugs, flickering, under exposure, photo noise haha... One can learn a lot in a few hours.

This was my first time at night racing.

Not the best, but t least I can strive to do lots better.........

https://flic.kr/s/aHskzHs2MU

32 REPLIES 32

@ilzho wrote:

Thanks for the info.

I have never used LR, PS or PSE.

I am not a pro either, but I do shoot a lot. 

When I use Iphoto to PP a RAW image, I'm limited. Some of the limitations is Iphoto and some of it is myself. I have trouble PP an image and what looks ok to me, may not look to others.

I guess it's a learning curve.

One big difference between Lightroom and Photoshop, is Lightroom, is completely non-destructive. The changes you make are stored in a different file than the photo itself. So, the original unchanged file is always available. Because of this at anytime you can also go back and undo any change you've made along the way, from the first one to the last one.

Thanks, Now I need to find LR at a good price haha.....

@TTMartin wrote:

@ilzho wrote:

Thanks for the info.

I have never used LR, PS or PSE.

I am not a pro either, but I do shoot a lot. 

When I use Iphoto to PP a RAW image, I'm limited. Some of the limitations is Iphoto and some of it is myself. I have trouble PP an image and what looks ok to me, may not look to others.

I guess it's a learning curve.

One big difference between Lightroom and Photoshop, is Lightroom, is completely non-destructive. The changes you make are stored in a different file than the photo itself. So, the original unchanged file is always available. Because of this at anytime you can also go back and undo any change you've made along the way, from the first one to the last one.

Digital Photo Professional is also completely non-destructive, but the changes are saved in the same file as the photo itself. If you don't think that's a huge advantage, try it for a while and you'll see.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

For some reason it will not launch on my computer. This is canon software tool that comes with a purchase right? I have the cd but it will not launch to load, frustrating.....

@ilzho wrote:

For some reason it will not launch on my computer. This is canon software tool that comes with a purchase right? I have the cd but it will not launch to load, frustrating.....

What type of compuer are you using?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

MacBook Pro Laptop (early 2011)

OS X El Capitan

Version 10.11.5

Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

A lot of my programs drag, slow, takes 30 seconds+ to open.....

I clear my cache, little help...

I just need to take it into Apple to see what can be done....

@ilzho wrote:

MacBook Pro Laptop (early 2011)

OS X El Capitan

Version 10.11.5

Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

A lot of my programs drag, slow, takes 30 seconds+ to open.....

I clear my cache, little help...

I just need to take it into Apple to see what can be done....

I am not the MAC user, but other regulars around here are.  Describe what happens when you try to install the Canon software.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I put the disk in and it spins and opens up to the setup page/icon. 

I dbl click on the setup icon and it tries to open, but nothing. 

I then go in to the software folder and dbl click the universal setup icon, it tries to open, but nothing. 

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

"Maybe not so huge as you think.  I can make seemingly endless non-destructive edits with either DPP or LR to a RAW file.  BUT...

1.  If I edit a file in DPP, then I will see those edits in LR and cannot remove or undo them in LR.  They are part of the file.

2.  If I edit a file in LR, then I will NOT see those edits in DPP.  But, any edits I do perform will show up as permanent in LR."

That is exactly correct.  It also shows how unimportant that non-destructive feature really is. PS is also non-destructive, too.  If you use layers most all, if not all, your changes are completely reversible.  Plus they can be turned on or off.

You can kid yourself and you can listen to all the hype about editing software that tries to be PS.  But in the end the number one software used by, the almost unanimous majority of, professional photographers is PS.  The closest option to full blown PS is PSE.  It is not DPP or any other post editor.  Can you get edits done or make any of the others work, of course, but if you want the best there is, it is PS and its cousin PSE.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

"MacBook Pro Laptop (early 2011)

OS X El Capitan

Version 10.11.5

Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3"

I am a WIndows user so I am of little help with your Mac.  I beta test software for a couple of companies and I can say there are 10 times the issues with the Mac side vs the Windows.  I think it is usually an OS problem.  So make sure you have the correct DVD for the OS your MacBook has.  Others may be of more help here.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements