cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot A4000 IS - can this camera be used without a memory card....if so, how?

lsanz11
Apprentice

Just purchased a Powershot A4000 IS - used it memory card keeps filling up with only a few shots. (will purchase  a new one) however in a bind will camera shoot and store pics without a memory card? If yes, how do I set up?

4 REPLIES 4

Skirball
Authority

I'm not trying to sound like an ass, but why would you expect it to store photos if there's no memory card inserted?

hsbn
Whiz

Some P&S camera has built-in memory card (but very very small), but I don't think the A4000IS has it. Adorama currently has 32GB Sony SHDHC card for $17 free shipping. With 32Gb memory card it should store thousands of photo for you.

http://www.adorama.com/ISO32GUHS110.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

@hsbn wrote:

Some P&S camera has built-in memory card (but very very small), but I don't think the A4000IS has it. 

I'd have to imagine that that is becoming something of the past now that they're putting 16+ MP sensors in P&S.

I thought so too :). I haven't seen one with built-in memory card for so long.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide
Announcements