Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Pictures Backup Methods?

What methods do you use to backup your work while you are on the road?  (Computer and WiFi is NOT available)  Do you use a secondary cards in your camera?  Thanks!

Occasional Contributor

Re: Pictures Backup Methods?

[ Edited ]

To transfer android media files like photos to computer, you can try Google Drive Backup , Google Photos, USB.  But i think it more convenient to use an android manager to help, try Coolmuster Android Assistant.

VIP

@hchiu168 wrote:

What methods do you use to backup your work while you are on the road?  (Computer and WiFi is NOT available)  Do you use a secondary cards in your camera?  Thanks!

Secondary cards?  I supposed it would depend on the camera, but that would seem to be the best alternative.  Carrying backup pairs of cards seems wise, too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Esteemed Contributor

@Waddizzle wrote:

@hchiu168 wrote:

Secondary cards?  I supposed it would depend on the camera, but that would seem to be the best alternative.  Carrying backup pairs of cards seems wise, too.

IIRC, Canon now makes a device that copies cards to a portable hard drive without the need for a separate computer. Maybe that would be useful in this case.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Coolmuster Android Assistant is a great software, everyone likes to use it. But nothing is perfect, I suggest that you take a closer look at a Coolmuster Android Assistant review, which is more about it.

VIP

I have a 17" laptop and portable USB drives that I take everywhere. I have used that system for years and years. While out shooting jobs for other folks I store photos in three very separate places. Two CF cards in the camera and on the laptop.

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV, even less and less other stuff.
Esteemed Contributor

Have you considered transferring them to your phone?  Some cameras support WiFi transfer to phone.  You can also get adapters that let you import the memory card to a phone or tablet.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da