cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collectors Market for Old Canon Cameras

Jayne2
Apprentice

I'm hoping that you all can help me out.  Is there a collectors market out there for older Canons?  My neighbors husband just recently passed away and she asked me to see what she can domwith his AE~1 and one of the first Rebel digital camera.  They both have various lenses and waht not for them.  I would have taken them but I have my Dad's AE~1 and the old er Rebel, while it has several extra batteries for it, I probably wouldn't be able to find an SD card for it. Any input would be appreciated.

14 REPLIES 14

"A few years ago I spent $200 bucks getting my old best friend, my F1n cleaned and lubricated."

That thing was built as if it would be thrown against a wall all day long.

It's my buddy. I will always have it. We went through some, let's say, challenging times together.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Aloha22
Apprentice

Is an EOS 5D Mark II from about 2010-2014 considered old, I am new to this FORUM and it doesn't appear CANON supports this camera (cleaning or refurbishing). Suggestions?

There are independent companies that will repair cameras. 

Canon basically stops offering repairs when they no longer have parts. 

Some independent companies will also not accept cameras for repair if they don't have parts.

Because of the labor cost involved in repairs it could be cheaper to buy a replacement body - Keh camera has one rated Excellent for $450.

Where are you located? You could Google camera repair and see what is available.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Is an EOS 5D Mark II from about 2010-2014 considered old, ..."

Yes it is. In the electronics world a year can be considered old. Let alone 10-12 years. Try Midwest Camera Repair.

I have no doubt that they will service it. The 5D Mk II is a nice camera. I had one for years and it served me well.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements