Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Noob here, what are the differences between Panasonic Lumix G Vario and G X Vario lenses?

I'm currently looking at lenses for my Blackmagic Pocket 4K with a low budget, around 400-500$ from Amazon (shipping to my country is around 200$), and some friend suggested me to buy a Panasonic lens, went to amazon a found out there are Panasonic Lumix G Vario and GX Vario lenses. The "G" line fit my budget better than the "GX", but what's the difference? Is the quality affected?

Also, if you could help me suggesting some good lens for about that price to take in consideration.

Sorry for my bad english, and thank you in advance!

Honored Contributor

Re: Noob here, what are the differences between Panasonic Lumix G Vario and G X Vario lenses?

Sorry, but this is web site aimed at Canon gear.  Not much is known about gear made by other brands.  

Here is some advice.  Never buy expensive stuff on Amazon or eBay, most especially used electronics gear.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
VIP

Re: Noob here, what are the differences between Panasonic Lumix G Vario and G X Vario lenses?

[ Edited ]

"The "G" line fit my budget better than the "GX", but what's the difference? Is the quality affected?"

I don't know the first thing about what you are asking except, if the price is less something else is less also.  Doesn't that make sense to you?   Of course it is or something like "the quality is affected?"  

You might try a Panasonic web site instead of a Canon web site.  Smiley Happy

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV, along with less other stuff.