cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New here.. 7d mark ii vs rebel t7i! Wildlife

b1gb2olo
Contributor

Not sure if this is the right place to post this! Recently bought a Canon rebel T7i... really into wildlife and birds!!! Was considering selling and buying a 7d ii 

Is this a wise decision? I know the 7d is older but has a faster fps

but will the lower MP cause an issue?

51 REPLIES 51

"Personally, I think I like the usage of '35mm equivalent' instead."

That is because you like me, I admit it, come form FF or 35mm days.  We think 35mm!  It is how we learned. However, think of a person that never used a FF or 35mm camera. Crop factor is meaningless.

"they may search around and see 24mm mentioned alot."

True because it has gotten so ingrained.  The advertising departments doesn't help this situation either.  A person that bought a Rebel knows how their kit, 18-55mm lens works.  If they want a wider lens it needs to be under 18mm. Oh, but you can't do that you must consider the "crop factor".  Because your 18mm lens is really a 28mm lens but if you buy a 24mm it is really a 38mm lens.  When just knowing how your 18-55mm looks on your Rebel and buying a 10-22mm. No crop factor necessary.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

b1gb2olo
Contributor
Posted a few I took today with the new 400mm lens 🙂 wow I’m shocked Instagram is bg.gartland

Posted where?

EB

@b1gb2olo wrote:
Posted a few I took today with the new 400mm lens 🙂 wow I’m shocked Instagram is bg.gartland

The image quality of Canon L glass is amazingly sharp compared to the majority of their  consumer lenses.  Enjoy it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

b1gb2olo
Contributor
On my Instagram bg.gartland 🙂

I don't use instagram. Post some here!

EB

819C8938-012B-4D12-BBCC-86F1EE5EE695.jpeg08356378-AD61-4427-AC54-35DDF1275151.jpeg

It looks like you are well on your way.  A tip, make sure you critical focus on the birds head.  Especially the eye if you can.

The Blue Jay is gorgeous!  Smiley Happy

_OS11657.jpg

EB

b1gb2olo
Contributor
OK awesome thank you so so much

_OS11690-Edit.jpg

EOS 1DX, Sigma 150-600mm Sport @ 600mm, f8, 1/2000, ISO 1600, Average WB.  Hand held! No tripod.

EB
Announcements