cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory Cards

ManKan
Apprentice

SD, SDHC, SDXC cards are fragile and too small to handle easily. I wish Canon would create an option to use either one of these cards or the Compact Flash (my preference) in the newer Semi-Pro cameras like the SL1.  I also don't like having to carry around more than one kind of memory card when I am shooting.   Splat!   That was the sound of me spitting in the wind. 

15 REPLIES 15

hsbn
Whiz

What are you talking about? You can use any of those card already (SD, SDHC, SDXC). They're pretty much the same.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Maybe you should read a bit more carefully.

It is very important to be careful while using Memory card. There are so many chances if we become bit careless then memory card can corrupt. 

Edward
Enthusiast
Agree with ManKan...the Compact Cards size and performance beat the smaller ones. I regret that the 5DIII uses uses a SDHC card instead of two compact cards. The use of the smaller card reduces the performance capabilities of this camera.

I have a rebel eos t3....what type of memory card should I get for back up, and how large can I go?

Hello CheckeredFlag.

The EOS Rebel T3 can use up to SDXC cards.  These are extended capacities cards whose limits have yet to be published.  So the cards have the potential to go up to about 2TB, although they don't yet have cards in this size.  I would pick a large and fast card that fits within your price range.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Ok thanks. I always thought card size was limited. And could not exceed certain size constraints.

As for speed I have heard conflicting info. Older point and shoots needed fast cards because camera wrote immediately to card...so you wanted as fast as possible.

As fpr dslrs I was told they have cache which held the info before writing to card. So speed not as important.

Oh well I bought some hi speed card for 15 bucks at bjs and will format it and compare to factory......

fyigmo63
Enthusiast

BTW, which camera do you own?  That's relevant to which cards work best with a particular camera.

Rebel EOS T3 just purchased with two lenses and camera bag from bjs for 599....but I found out after the fact, made in Sept 2011.
Announcements