cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for advice from experienced photographer

MDumas1974Canon
Apprentice

I purchased a Canon EOS R the other Day with the RF 24-105 lens, I also purchased a really nice Manfroto Tripod, some memory cards, and a DJI Ronin SC gimbal. I am really excited so my question to you guys what would be the nest thing I should be thinking about? I assume it would be to buy some filters and or a EF Mount adapter and a second lens? I am leaning more towards a Ultra wide angle lens what would you guys recommend and why?

And if you disagreee and feel I should be saving and putting my money into something else please do not hesitate to tell me I would greatly appreciate it. I just want to make sure every dollar counts, I am n to made of money and I have spent thousand of dollars to get serious about this. Thank you in advance I look forward to hearing rom you.

11 REPLIES 11

@Waddizzle wrote:

@Tronhard wrote:

@ebiggs1 wrote:

I am not a video photographer. I am not a mirrorless photographer. I don't read tons of manuals and reviews on the ole inner web all day. I have to work. But I am a gimbal owner and user. Matter of fact I have two. A larger one and a smaller one. All I know is what I do. If I had known it was a video question I would not have answered. Please disregard any of my comments.

To me the two activities, technologies and skillsets, while having some very limited similarity, are in most ways different.

I could tell both of you were, which is why I posted an image of what the "gimbal" looked like.

Good job.

I DO know what a gimbal is, and that it is used in video, but speaking for myself I was confused by the title of the thread that referenced experienced 'photographer' rather than 'videographer' - I think it was not unreasonable to consider that the OP's activities were not necessarily confined purely to video.

I was inclined to think the OP was a newbie because of the lack of detail in his post - normally novices just list equipment and ask for advice without any clue as to intent or other useful context such as I requested - and I think that would still apply to the videography genre too.  Ah well... Smiley Frustrated

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

@Tronhard wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

@Tronhard wrote:

@ebiggs1 wrote:

I am not a video photographer. I am not a mirrorless photographer. I don't read tons of manuals and reviews on the ole inner web all day. I have to work. But I am a gimbal owner and user. Matter of fact I have two. A larger one and a smaller one. All I know is what I do. If I had known it was a video question I would not have answered. Please disregard any of my comments.

To me the two activities, technologies and skillsets, while having some very limited similarity, are in most ways different.

I could tell both of you were, which is why I posted an image of what the "gimbal" looked like.

Good job.

I DO know what a gimbal is, and that it is used in video, but speaking for myself I was confused by the title of the thread that referenced experienced 'photographer' rather than 'videographer' - I think it was not unreasonable to consider that the OP's activities were not necessarily confined purely to video.

I was inclined to think the OP was a newbie because of the lack of detail in his post - normally novices just list equipment and ask for advice without any clue as to intent or other useful context such as I requested - and I think that would still apply to the videography genre too.  Ah well... Smiley Frustrated

Yeah, I was taken aback by the reactions, too.  Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements