cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LP E17 charging options

msmith1
Contributor

Planning a short trip to a somewhat remote area and was looking for some kind of options to make sure that I don't run out of batteries. Is there a car charger that will charge  the LP E17?  Or a way of powering the camera with an external source such as a power bank or something similar? Any suggestion appreciated, except go buy more batteries.

13 REPLIES 13

Must have overlooked the Manfrotto Pro Cube. Ill take another look. Still weighing my options since I have a couple of months. Thanks

Thanks for all the suggestions. I overlooked a lot of stuff not knowing what I was looking at. After looking at all the options I think I'm going to go with an inverter for the versatility over just being a charger. Thanks again to all.

wchettel
Enthusiast

I bought two spare LP E17 batteries on sale from B & H Photo last year. I just make sure they're charged up before I leave the house for a trip. I've never had to switch batteries while on a trip. My SL2 gets several hundred shots (650) on a fully charged battery.

--
Walter
in Davie, FL

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I would , and have done so for years, buy several batteries and forget the charger. I have and carry four Canon batteries for my 1DX.  Easily does a weeks worth or more of work.

I do take my charger along so if or when we get to the motel or stopping place of some kind that has power, I can top off the batteries if need be.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements