cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED ring vs Squared LED for wedding pics

Adrianpz1
Contributor

I am stuck between ordering these two LED lights for indoor low lighting pictures. I have a fixed  50 mm 2.8/F lens but still dont think it's enough . I saw these two styles of lamps but was told by a local photography shop the circular lights are more for upclose portraits and recommended the squared LED. I'll be walking around taking pictures. 

Any suggestions?????

Using Canon 3ti

50mm and 15-55mm lens

thank youLED ring vs square ring

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

Get an external flash instead.

Your T3i can act as a master flash so you can even get the external flash off camera for even better results.

Canon recently updated their 430EX flash, so the 430EX II is selling at what I consider a good price.

View solution in original post

I think you can't go wrong with the Canon 430EX II (I editied my post above).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

Get an external flash instead.

Your T3i can act as a master flash so you can even get the external flash off camera for even better results.

Canon recently updated their 430EX flash, so the 430EX II is selling at what I consider a good price.

Won't I need someone to carry that around?
Just to make sure you're talking about a flash that is not connected to the camera correct?

@Adrianpz1 wrote:

Won't I need someone to carry that around?
Just to make sure you're talking about a flash that is not connected to the camera correct?

It can be used on camera or off camera.

Is there a brand you recommend? I'll definetely look into this.

thanks again TTMartin

I think you can't go wrong with the Canon 430EX II (I editied my post above).

Adrianpz1
Contributor
I'll stick to my Canon brands. Love em. Just ordered the 430ex. Thanks for the help I can't wait till it arrives.
Announcements