cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a solution to Adobe Bridge CS6 not being able to read raw files from the 5D Mk lll

Sheldon
Apprentice

I like to use Bridge as my overall file organizer.  I operate on a Mac version OSX version 10.8.3 and cannot read my raw files in bridge cs6.  Does anyone have a solution for this.  

Also is Canon putting any pressure on Adobe to fix this?

6 REPLIES 6

hsbn
Whiz

5D MIII is already supported in Adobe CS6 a while ago. You need to update your software.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

cicopo
Elite

Agree. It's time to update your Camera RAW plug in.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

diverhank
Authority

Yes, download Adobe camera RAW 7.1 or later then it will work.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

Sheldon
Apprentice

I have the version 5.0.0.339 of Bridge CS 6 and when I try to download raw files from my 5d mlll I get thumbnails of a CR2 logo, but no images and error messages when i try to open in Lightroom or photoshop.

What am I doing wrong and how can I fix it.  I don't seem to be able to find a newer update for bridge

Not bridge but camera raw. You'll need to update your camera RAW.

You can either do it directly in Photoshop, or you can download it here: http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2011/03/keeping-photoshop-up-to-date.html

At the bottom, there is a link to download Camera Raw 7.4 for Mac and WIndows. Adobe hides there link from their main site to force people to update via Photoshop update feature.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Follow hsbn's link or just go to the "Help" tab in bridge.  There will be a selection called "Updates".  click on that and it will update your bridge including camera RAW to the latest version.  Of course you will need to have internet connection to do that.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr
Announcements