cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Canon iMage Gateway permanently shutdown?

gonzo
Apprentice

I set up an account, registered my camera SN with the site and when I try to go to the online photo album it tells me its down for maintenance. It seems to be down for an unusually long period of time. Usually sites perform maintenance during lower traffic hours and it usually doesn't take very long. 

What's going on?

9 REPLIES 9

alyssabeth1
Apprentice

I've been trying to upload pics since yesterday morning.  I have an online business and not being able to upload new photos is detrimental to my business!

I agree, maintenace should be done during off hours.

kts
Apprentice

This is ridiculous, its been been down well over 24hrs and now is becoming rather urgent as I need access to some of my images and I can't seem to find any info on how long it will be down for. GRRRRRRRRRR!!!

@kts wrote:

This is ridiculous, its been been down well over 24hrs and now is becoming rather urgent as I need access to some of my images and I can't seem to find any info on how long it will be down for. GRRRRRRRRRR!!!

I absolutely understand your anger and frustration, but ...

This is by no means the first time that users have complained in this forum about the lack of reliability of the Image Gateway. Given that, why would anyone risk using it for mission critical work? "Fool me once. shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@kts wrote:

I absolutely understand your anger and frustration, but ...

This is by no means the first time that users have complained in this forum about the lack of reliability of the Image Gateway. Given that, why would anyone risk using it for mission critical work? "Fool me once. shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

Exactly.  Bob's right.

I don't do "mission critical work", but many of my family photos are too precious to entrust to an online storage system.  I would not store anything online without keeping a local copy of it myself.  I view online storage as highly convenient means to share photos.  Besides, read the fine print in the agreements.  Anything you store there for free becomes their property.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

John_B
Rising Star

Thank you for your patience while we make preparation's for the new Canon Image Gateway. Canon Image Gateway v24 is launching this Thursday, July 14th. This update ties the Image Gateway login to the Canon ID system. 

This is separate from a Canon USA website account.

Existing accounts will need to be migrated. Users with a Canon ID will need to combine their accounts. Details on how to proceed will be released as the new site goes live. 

We thank you for understanding and we are excited to see the new site in action!

So it will be another 24hrs before I can get the images that I urgently need??? It would of been nice to have some fore-warning - NOT HAPPY OR IMPRESSED!

Why would they not leave the old site up until the new site is ready to be launched? That's what most other sites do.

I've never seen a site take down their product for days on end while they try to launch a replacement. Another web service (non-photography related) I'm using is also in the middle of major upgrades and re-launch. The difference is, they kept the old one up, launched the new one and are running them side by side until the official cut-over.

There are many other solutions to this problem that do not involve disabling the website and denying access for days on end.

Dont get me wrong but its March 2017 and Gateway is down for maintenace in the UK, whats going on

paula-artist
Apprentice

I cannot get access to Canon Gateway, had a problem with my SX60 Camera, with wifi settings, after recharging my battery, my camera nolonger was able to connect to  wifi?  In order to resolve issue in error now it seems I press reset wifi setting on camera.  Now I am faced with having to register once again online to Gateway to set up authenticty code before I am able to set up wifi.

If Gateway is permanemtly shutdown in the UK how can I re set my camera to use wifi to connect to cloud.  Purchased camera for business and now I am stuck with a camera which I am unable to use for this reason why I brought it in the first place.

1) Why after re charging my battery the camera was unable to find server to connect to wifi?.

2) If I knew in advance that clearing wifi settings meant that I had to re register to Gateway then I would not proceeding in this fashon, 

3) Cannot connect to phone via NFC either phone cannot find  Canon Wi-Fi SSID hotspot.

4) How can I connect to my home wifi or the cloud without the need to register my camera with Gateway, is there an answer to this.

5) How can I get around the authencity code to connect to the cloud on camera, if Gateway is permanetly down?   Any answers

@gonzo wrote:

I set up an account, registered my camera SN with the site and when I try to go to the online photo album it tells me its down for maintenance. It seems to be down for an unusually long period of time. Usually sites perform maintenance during lower traffic hours and it usually doesn't take very long. 

What's going on?

Announcements