Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

I went to spain and took a ton of pictures. why are some of my pictures in split view?

Hi All, 

My mac is showing my pictures in split view and I have tried to edit them to regular and cannot. Please advise is it a mac problem or a canon camera problem?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: I went to spain and took a ton of pictures. why are some of my pictures in split view?

Sounds like a software on your Mac problem, not a camea problem.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I went to spain and took a ton of pictures. why are some of my pictures in split view?

Sorry... what is a "split view"?  This is not something your camera can do.  

Perhaps if we knew which software you are using on the computer...

Lightroom, for example, has a "split" view mode to let you see the before/after impact of the editing adjustments you've made.  But that's nothing to do with the camera... it's just a tool used while making adjustments (and easy to swtich the feature on/off).

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@TTMartin wrote:

Sounds like a software on your Mac problem, ...

Or <gulp!> a card problem.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Highlighted
VIP

"Sorry... what is a "split view"?  This is not something your camera can do."

Yes, what is split view?

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Could you mean landscape/portrait? I suppose someone used to a half frame 35mm might call portrait "split view"